Pumpkin and chickpea curry
An easy vegetarian curry, prepared in under and hour made with Rhodes Quality Tinned Chickpeas for your convenience.
Ingredients (serves 6)
· 1 x 400g can Rhodes Quality Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
· 1 x 115g Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup
· 500g (2 cups) peeled and chopped pumpkin
· 30ml (2 Tbsp) vegetable oil
· 1 onion, finely chopped
· 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
· 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
· 1 garlic clove, crushed
· 30ml (2 Tbsp) Pakco Curry Paste
· 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
· 200g broccoli, washed and cut into florets
· To serve: rice, poppadums and fresh coriander
Place the pumpkin in a medium saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Cook until soft.
Drain and purée using a blender or mash very well by hand until smooth.
Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add the onion and the carrots and fry until the vegetables begin to soften.
Add the red pepper and fry for a few minutes more. Lower the heat and add the garlic and the Pakco Curry Paste. Stir well to mix.
Stir in the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup and the coconut milk. Stir in the pumpkin purée. Bring the curry back to a high boil and add the broccoli and the Rhodes Quality Chickpeas.
Reduce the heat and simmer until the broccoli is tender. Season to taste.
To serve, sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve over rice.
For more inspiration packed with wholesome goodness visit www.rhodesquality.co.za.