- 8 tablespoons butter, salted (1 stick)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed, dark
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup of Jim Beam
- Melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add the cider, sugar, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Boil until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Jim Beam. Taste for seasoning, adding salt as necessary. The basting sauce keeps, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week. Reheat over low heat before using.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups
For more information, head to the website at https://www.jimbeam.com/en